Even though most people will be involved in a car crash at some point in their lives, that does not mean the aftermath of a crash is easy to handle. If you or a loved one have been injured due to the negligent actions of another driver, the SMA Law Group is ready to help. Our knowledgeable and experienced team understands these cases and will investigate all aspects of your crash. Our goal is to secure compensation for all of your crash-related expenses when you need a auto accident lawyer.
Car accidents are rarely simple
While many car accidents do not cause injuries, we know that is not always the case. During the latest reporting year in the Commonwealth, there were over 128,000 crashes reported to the DOT. Out of those, there were:
- 1,137 fatalities
- 80,612 injuries
Vehicle accidents in Pennsylvania were also responsible for the following during that same year:
- 3,052 motorcyclist injuries
- 4,106 pedestrian injuries
- 1,127 bicyclist injuries
Vehicle crash injuries are often devastating
At the SMA Law Group, we commonly help clients who have been injured in a car accident. We serve those who sustain all types of injuries, and it is not uncommon for us to encounter the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Each of these injuries can lead to major medical care and expenses for victims. This not only includes medical bills, but also lost income, home and vehicle modifications, rehabilitation, and more. In some cases, crash victims sustain immense physical and emotional pain and suffering because they can no longer do the activities they could before the accident.
How do these incidents happen?
Most car accidents are the result of driver negligence. In Pennsylvania, the most common cause of accidents is speeding drivers. Other major concerns on our roadways are:
- Distracted drivers who continually look at their phones. Drivers who are busy sending or receiving text messages, reading emails, or watching videos are much more likely to crash.
- Alcohol-impaired drivers caused more than 10,000 crashes in PA during the latest reporting year. They were responsible for 26% of all traffic crash deaths in the state. In some instances, it may be possible to hold the person who served a drunk driver alcohol liable for the crash injuries.
Our team is ready to help
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car crash due to the negligent actions of another driver, seek legal assistance today. At the SMA Law Group, we are going to investigate the entirety of the crash to determine who is liable. Our goal is to secure compensation for:
- All of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages