When you go out for the day, whether to work, to the store, or somewhere else, we know that you are not thinking about getting injured. Unfortunately, there are times when we get hurt due to other people’s negligence.
Personal injuries are unexpected and can disrupt our lives. They can cause medical bills to pile up. We may have to miss work. Sometimes, personal injuries leave us disabled.
Will your insurance cover all of your incident-related expenses?
Many Ways To Get Hurt
Personal injuries occur in many ways. When they happen due to the negligence of someone else or a company, you may wonder what your next steps are.
We want to cover some of the common ways people sustain personal injuries. These are just some examples and this is not an exhaustive list. If you are not sure about your case, please seek advice from a qualified attorney.
- We know that many accidents occur in the workplace. While workers’ compensation insurance is designed to help people who are injured at work, there are times when claims are denied or when you could be eligible for more compensation. Workplace injuries can result from falls, repetitive movements, vehicle accidents, and more.
- Medical mistakes kill at least 250,000 people a year in the United States, making them the third leading cause of death. These can happen due to diagnostic errors, surgical mistakes, medication errors, infections, etc. Medical mistakes can increase hospital stays and cause a person’s health to decline.
- While many people think of violent acts as purely criminal cases, they can also be civil cases as well if the person injured or their family members sue the person or people responsible. This can include cases of assault such as CDV, gunshots, muggings, etc.
- Faulty products cause major injuries and deaths in the US every year. There are times when the products we purchase for ourselves and our families cause us to injuries or illnesses.
- Drunk and distracted drivers can cause major injuries to everyone around them on the roadways. This includes passengers in other vehicles, motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians. Careless and negligent drivers are one of the main causes of injury and death in the United States.
What Are Your Options
If you or a loved one have been harmed due to the negligence or carelessness of someone else, we advise you to seek out assistance from a qualified legal team. At the SMT Legal, we want to make sure you are taken care of. We know that you need help covering all of your injury-related expenses. This can include:
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Punitive damages
- Court fees and legal costs