Having a suspended license can be detrimental for a person and their ability to support themselves and their families. That is why it is so important that a person facing the possibility of having their license suspended get legal assistance.
At the SMT Legal, we understand that you may need help if you are facing a license suspension or have been caught driving with a suspended license. Our team will work to investigate your case and move towards having the charged reduced or dismissed. When you need a driving under license suspension lawyer, call us today.
What Can Happen?
There are many things that can happen that get a person’s license suspended. This can include:
- Unpaid tickets
- Failing to respond to tickets
- Failing to take driver exams
- Not paying restoration fees
- DUI charges
- Refusing to submit to a breathalyzer or other BAC test
- Not having insurance on your vehicle
Driving on a suspended license is illegal. If your license is suspended, please work through legal methods to get it restored. However, we realize that many people do drive on suspended licenses because they think they have no other options. Please know that you can face jail time and major fines for being caught driving under suspension.
- Driving with a suspended license is a summary offense and can result in a $200 fine.
- Driving while under DUI suspension can result in 60-90 days in jail and a $500 fine.
- Getting caught while drunk and also being under license suspension can result in 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.
*Those facing a second or third offense can face misdemeanor charges with longer jail time (up to two years) and higher fines.
What Are Your Options?
An attorney can help you do a few things, depending on the situation. If you are looking to get your license back, your attorney will help you work through proper channels with the Pennsylvania DOT to get a suspension hearing. There are hardship options available to those who significantly depends on having a license to support themselves and their families.
If you have been caught driving with a suspended license, your attorney will work to build a defense around you. This can include reviewing your whole case, past driving convictions, and the evidence against you.