Somerset County is home to the annual “Let’s Roll” motorcycle ride fundraiser. The ride honors the legacy of the brave passengers aboard Flight 93 who died when their plane came down in Somerset County as they fought the terrorist takeover on board. Somerset County is also famous for its Scenic 6 Routes. It makes up six, two-hour motorcycling routes that wind through Somerset County full of beautiful views, different towns, and tourist attractions.
As much as motorcycle riding is enjoyed in Somerset County, it is not enjoyed so much when an afternoon motorcycle ride turns into a motorcycle accident. In 2017 there were 22 motorcycle accidents in Somerset County that resulted in 2 fatalities and many more injuries. Motorcycle accident attorneys know those motorcycle accident injuries are often severe, leaving injured victims and their families with financial and emotional stress and anxiety.
After an accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important to follow some basic guidelines in order to protect yourself.
- Most importantly, seek medical treatment. Even if you do not believe your injuries are serious, see a medical professional for examination. Sometimes motorcycle accident injuries are not readily apparent after the accident.
- Consult a motorcycle accident attorney to discuss your claim and potential recovery options.
- Speak with police, preferably before they write the accident report, so that you are able to give them an account of what happened from your perspective.
- Preserve all accident evidence including your helmet and motorcycle.
- Keep all expenses related to medical treatments and necessary injury accommodations.
- Follow through with all recommended follow up medical treatment. For example, if your doctor recommends physical therapy, follow through with it, otherwise the plaintiff may blame your injuries on your failure to follow medical advice.
- Do not speak with an insurance company that contacts you. See below for a more detailed explanation.
Not only do insurance companies strive to pay out as little as possible for every claim, they often seem to have an unfair bias against motorcycle riders. Time after time our motorcycle accident attorneys have seen insurance companies unfairly try to pin at least some of the liability on the motorcycle driver, even when all evidence suggests otherwise. Our attorneys will make your case based on evidence collected during the accident investigation and an examination of your medical records and bills. When necessary we will hire an accident and medical experts to help support your claim.