When you hear out on the roadways each day, we know you do everything you can to stay safe. The last thing you expect is that you will get injured in a crash, but there are times when another person’s negligence causes major incidents.
At SMT Legal, we understand that the aftermath of a vehicle crash can be incredibly confusing. If you or a loved one has been injured due to another person’s negligence, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. When you need a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer, call us today.
What Happened Here?
We have learned that four people were killed in a wrong-way collision on Route 65 in nearby Baden. The tragic incident happened on April 22 at around 11 in the evening.
Police say that the driver of the Jeep, Denise Feathers, was heading north in the southbound lanes of the highway. Her Jeep struck another car head-on, killing the driver of that vehicle and two passengers. Another passenger inside the second vehicle was taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation at this time, but right now police do not believe the Feathers was speeding but that she did pass two other vehicles while heading the wrong way.
Pennsylvania Crash Statistics
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, we know that there were more than 128,000 vehicle crashes during the latest reporting year. Out of those crashes, there were:
- 1,137 fatalities
- 80,612 injuries
When we look closer at the injuries, we see that there were many suspected serious injuries, ones that would be considered catastrophic and life-changing.
When it comes to vehicle crashes, it is not uncommon for us to see victims suffering from the following injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries and head injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Each of those injuries listed requires that people undergo immediate medical attention. Often, car crash victims must undergo multiple surgeries and extensive rehabilitation.
- Who is going to be responsible for the costs of these injuries if a negligent or careless driver is at fault?
- Why should a car crash victim and their family be put in financial jeopardy because of another person’s mistakes?
Where are you going to turn for help?
What We Can Do Now
Do you know where to turn if you or a loved one has been injured in a vehicle crash that was caused by someone else’s negligent or careless act? At SMT Legal, we want you to know that we will be your advocate. Our knowledgeable and experienced team will investigate your case so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- All of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages