We know that nobody ever wants to be stuck dealing with the aftermath of the loss of a loved one due to an accident that never should have happened. If another person’s negligence is to blame, you may wonder what your options are. At the SMA Law Group, we want to help you figure out your next steps.
When you need a Butler County wrongful death attorney, our qualified and experienced team will work diligently on your behalf. We will investigate what happened and chart a path forward that secure the compensation you need for all of the expenses related to the incident.
What Does A Wrongful Death Case Look Like?
You may hear about wrongful death cases in the news or on TV, but we want you to know that no two cases are alike. There are so many ways that another person’s negligence can claim the life of another person. These cases can be brought against individuals, companies, government agencies, and more. Usually, it is up to a surviving family member or the deceased’s estate to bring a case.
Today, we will briefly go over some of the common ways in which these cases arise, but please know that this is not a complete list. If the cause of your loved one’s death is not here, seek legal assistance before planning your next steps.
- Vehicle Accidents: All too often, people lose their lives due to the negligence of a drunk or distracted driver.
- Violence: The perpetrators of crimes that claim a person’s life need to be held accountable for their actions. This can happen in both a criminal case and a civil case.
- Defective Products: Looking at the government recall website, we see that there are defective products added to the list daily. Many of these products have the potential to cause serious harm to the general public.
- Workplace Accidents: If an employer does not provide their workers with proper training or equipment necessary for the job being performed, serious accidents can occur.
- Medical Mistakes: You may not realize it, but medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. They can cause serious harm to patients.
- Law Enforcement: There are times when law enforcement or corrections officers use an excess of force, more than is necessary for the situation. This often results in serious injuries or death for a person they have apprehended.
When You Need Help
Let us extend our condolences if you are here today because you lose someone you love. If someone else’s negligence was the reason your loved one lost their life, you need to seek legal assistance. At the SMA Law Group, we have the experience you need to get the compensation you deserve. Whether you are seeking damages from an individual, a company, or an agency, we will vigorously pursue your case.