We are a culture of products. As we watch TV, we are inundated with commercials trying to convince us to buy the latest products. Think about how many things you use during the day, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep at night.
However, there are times when the items we use can injure us or cause us to become ill because they are defective. When that happens, you need to know where to turn. At SMT Legal, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve in the aftermath of an incident like this. When you need a product liability attorney in Butler County, call us today.
As we go about our daily routine, the thought of a faulty product probably never even crosses our minds. Not as we are chowing down on our food or hitting the road in our car. The only time we probably think about this issue is if we see news of a recall that sends the country into a panic. However, there are usually hundreds of current recalls. If we take a look at the government recall website, we can see that the problems consumers face are much larger than we expected.
On any given day, you can find foods, beverages, medications, toys, appliances, and more that are being recalled due to safety issues that can adversely affect the consumer. Often, the reason is something we never even think to look out for.
Quickly, we want to go over the main three ways that products can become defective:
- They have a poor design from the beginning but the flaw was not discovered during the testing phases. This can lead to the product reaching millions of consumers before the issue is discovered.
- If a product has a manufacturing mistake that alters it from its original design, it can have the same devastating effects as a poor design.
- All products must be labeled correctly. This includes ensuring that they have the proper instructions, dosages, warnings, ingredients, and more.
Injuries from defective product often have immediately visible injuries and illnesses such as:
- Broken bones
- Allergic reactions
- Serious illness
There are also times when an illness is caused over time. We have seen many cases in which people have gotten cancer due to long-term use of a product that was contaminated with carcinogens.
Moving Forward With A Team
If you or a loved one have been injured or become ill after using a product, you may need to seek legal assistance. We know that this was not something you ever expected to be dealing with. At SMT Legal, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to step in and get the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income and benefits if you cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Pain and suffering damages against the company