Losing your precious time and possibly your motorcycle because of a motorcycle accident can be devastating, but that does not mean you should lose the case and compensation you deserve. This is particularly true if the actions of another driver caused your crash. At SMT Legal, our Beaver County motorcycle accident attorneys stand up for you to ensure that we get maximum compensation for you. Do not put your life on hold just because of another driver’s negligent actions.
Pennsylvania’s Motorcycle Safety Laws
In Beaver County, Pennsylvania, it is required that motorcycles follow specific laws to protect themselves. The following safety regulations include the following:
- Must wear protective headgear
- Must wear eye protection
- Equipment has to be approved first before driving
- Can only use the seat for what is intended for
- Cannot carry another person if the motorcycle is not designed to be a 2 person motorcycle
- The operator has to sit astride the seat, facing forward, with one leg on each side of the motorcycle
- Cannot carry any articles by the operator
The protective headgear does not apply to every operator. The exceptions to the motorcycle operating laws include:
- The operator of a 3-wheeled motorcycle
- A person of 21 years or older who has been licensed to operate a motorcycle for a full 2 years
- An operator 21 years of age or older who have completed a motorcycle rider safety course
Although all the listed safety motorcycle laws are in place, it does not prevent every motorcycle accident.
What Does Your Compensation Pay For After a Beaver County Motorcycle Accident?
Life is a lot easier when you do not have to worry about where the money will come from to fix the damages. Your injuries and damages can be compensated if you have the right motorcycle accident attorney in Beaver County. The following is included in the compensation:
- Pain and suffering
- Property loss or damages
- Loss of income
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical rehabilitation
- Loss of limb
- Full or partial paralysis
- In-Home care
It can be challenging to prove that an injury is directly a result of a motorcycle accident. You will need a skilled Beaver County motorcycle accident attorney to put together a strong case of testimonies from eyewitnesses, medical professionals, and investigators.
Pennsylvania’s Department of Transportation’s latest reporting shows an increase of motorcycle accident fatalities by 22% and an increase of 14% of total motorcycle accidents in a span of one year.
Our Skilled and Diligent Team of Motorcycle Attorneys Are Ready To Help You
Our goal at SMT Legal is to not let the motorcycle accident take over your life. Motorcycle accidents can be a lengthy and stressful legal process that we can handle for you. If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident, reach out to a Beaver County motorcycle accident attorney immediately. Do not wait to secure the compensation you deserve and to get back on the road.