When you go to your doctor or bring your child in for medical treatment at one of our Beaver County medical facilities, you expect that you will be receiving the utmost medical care from every medical provider you come into contact with including nurses aides, nurses, physician’s assistants, pharmacists, and doctors. But what happens when you know or you suspect that you or your child did not receive proper medical care? Medical malpractice can sometimes be hard to recognize and it can also be hard to prove, but it becomes much easier when you hire a medical malpractice attorney to help you sort through your case and injuries.
Medical malpractice attorneys
If you believe you have or may have been injured as a result of medical malpractice, contact a medical malpractice lawyer with SMT Legal. Our medical malpractice experts understand the law, have contacts with medical experts as needed, and are experienced. We have secured financial recoveries for our malpractice victim clients and we are here to do the same for you. We understand that the injuries and damages caused by medical malpractice can be serious and life-changing and we want to see that you are fully compensated.
Medical malpractice scenarios
We know it is not always clear and obvious when you have been a victim of medical malpractice, but sometimes you have to go with your intuition when you have sustained injuries that you think may have been caused by a negligent medical provider. See some common scenarios below:
- Have you ever talk to a doctor or other health care provider and felt like they were not really listening and did not care? Were they quick to tell you that nothing was wrong with you or your child and then later found out that you or your child were suffering from a serious condition?
- Have you suffered injuries and complications after a medical procedure? Were the injuries something you were warned about? Did you sign a consent? Did the consent properly inform you of all of the risks of the procedure and were all of the facts and statistics stated in the consent accurate? Did you discuss the risks and available alternative procedures with your doctor?
- Did you develop an infection after a medical procedure? Was the infection a result of not receiving adequate aftercare or follow up? Were you treated and released without proper time to heal?
- Have you prescribed a medication that did not treat your condition and was not appropriate for your condition? Did the medication have harmful side effects that you were not warned about? Was the dosage incorrect?
- Were you or your child injured during childbirth? Did a doctor or other medical provider fail to act upon your concerns or complaints? Did they fail to recognize symptoms you or your child were suffering and therefore failed to provide necessary treatment?
- Did you have a surgery that left you with unexpected complications such as finding out a medical tool was left inside of your body or a procedure was performed incorrectly?