There are times in your life when you know exactly what to expect and there are times of unpredictability. Getting into a car crash is one of those times of unpredictability. We know that getting into a wreck is scary, especially if it has happened when one or more vehicles involved were traveling at a high rate of speed.
At the SMA Law Group, we know that you have so much to deal with in the aftermath of a crash and your focus needs to be on healing and being with your family. Let us handle the hard work of getting the compensation needed. If you need a Beaver County speed-related accident attorney, you can count on us to be there for you.
Putting the Numbers Together
When we talk about vehicle accidents in Pennsylvania, we need to start with the DOT’s latest annual numbers:
- 128,188 reported crashes
- 1,137 fatalities
- 80,612 injuries
- 4,227 serious injuries
When looking at these numbers, we want to zero in on a serious problem that has many causes – speeding.
There were 304 accident fatalities in Pennsylvania’s latest reporting year in which speed was the prime contributing factor. The DOT tells us that there were a total of 31,051 speed-related crashes.
When an accident happens due to speed, the injuries are more severe. We often see major traumatic injuries occur with high-speed accidents because:
- What would have been a simple fender bender becomes a multiple trauma crash at high speeds.
- High-speed t-bone collisions often result in rollover incidents.
- Lance changes at high speeds can force vehicles to go off the road or flip.
Why People Speed
There are many reasons people choose to speed and none of them are good reasons.
- Many are simply in a hurry and disregard the safety of others.
- People often do not consider it speeding if it is not “too fast.” Who defines what is too fast?
- Drunk drivers do not care or do not know they are traveling at high rates of speed.
- Distracted drivers who pay more attention to their phones will not notice speed limit changes.
Regardless of why a person is speeding, if they cause an accident with injuries, they should be held financially accountable.
Picking Up The Pieces
There is no easy way to get everything back to normal after a car crash, but you can get some help. At the SMA Law Group, our knowledgeable and experienced team wants to work to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related expenses. We know that this is a difficult time, so we will handle the insurance companies and other parties involved to ensure you get:
- Help for your medical expenses
- Coverage of lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possibly even punitive damages