Accidental injuries are so commonplace that in 2016, the third highest cause of death was related to preventable accidents caused by events such as motor vehicle collisions, falls, and drownings. The National Safety Council found that there were over 160,000 accidental deaths and over 44 million accidental injuries in the United States. Pennsylvania was right on track with the rest of the country that same year with 8,410 fatal accidents being the number 3 cause of death in our state.
Most common personal injury cases
Due to the nature of our business, we see many different types of personal injury cases here in Beaver County, but the ones that we see most often are listed below:
- Car, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accident – You regularly hear about them in the news because car, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents happen frequently and unfortunately, the resulting injuries are often serious and sometimes deadly.
- Product liability – You hear about new recalls in the news all the time and you have probably even received recall notices in the mail for products you had purchased in the past such as an airbag recall for your car or a part replacement for your kitchen appliance. Defective consumer products can be extremely dangerous and manufacturers, distributors, and sellers can be liable for resulting injuries.
- Premises liability – Premises liability cases most commonly occur when a guest is at someone’s home or place of business. These cases frequently stem from slip and falls, poorly maintained property, dog bites, and other dangerous conditions that cause injuries to unsuspecting guests.
- Work injuries – It is very unfortunate that many fatal and injury causing accidents take place at work. Often workplace accidents are directly related to a specific field of work, such as at construction sites where accidents frequently occur due to things like falling off of scaffolding or being struck by construction equipment. Other times work accidents may be wholly unrelated to the particular field of work such as being involved in a car accident while traveling to a client’s office or tripping and falling over a randomly placed box in an office lobby.
- Medical malpractice –Medical malpractice cases can sometimes be difficult for patients to recognize due to the degree of sophistication involved in the practice of medicine, but we see these cases a lot and the injuries caused by medical malpractice are often significant and life changing.